Hattiesburg, Mississippi is home to many great people. It’s also the home great animals at the Hattiesburg Zoo! Ever been before? Want to learn more about this local mainstay? Here’s just what makes the Hattiesburg Zoo so special!
When you go to the zoo, animals are obviously the main attraction! Though it’s always fun to be surprised by the little—and big—critters, here are some of the residents that make up the Hattiesburg Zoo:
- Bearded dragons;
- Axolotls; and
These cool critters are only a fraction of the animals living at the Hattiesburg Zoo! That means you have more exciting creatures to see when you visit the habitats.
The Hattiesburg Zoo doesn’t just stop at animals! It also features offerings like:
- A mining expedition, where you can pretend to explore through the mines and gather gems;
- A splash pad, perfect for cooling down in the heat;
- The Touch Africa Petting Zoo;
- A fun carousel, featuring zoo animal-shaped seats;
- A train ride around the zoo;
- The bug hub, which is an insect-themed playground; and
- High Ropes Adventure Courses.
What to Know before You Visit
Before you visit the Hattiesburg Zoo, here are a few need-to-know details!
- Admission: Children under 2 get in for free, while everyone 2 and older can get in for $5. Parking is also free! Additional attractions, like the train ride, mining expedition, and carousel are not included in the price of tickets.
- Hours: Tuesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Address: 107 South 17th Avenue
- Website: Click here
- Phone: 601-545-4576
One other great thing that Hattiesburg is home to? Point O’ Woods Apartments! Visit our site to learn more about our amazing apartments. Plus, find out about Hattiesburg and our apartment homes, check out our blog.